Here’s how Natalie can help you:
An Exclusive Wine and Food Tasting Experience with Natalie MacLean, World’s Best Drinks Writer
– Celebrate the season with wine and food pairing for holiday dishes, from turkey and latkes, to gingerbread and chocolate Santas.
– Toasting the Stars: Everything you need to know about Champagne to make this New Year sparkle.
– Read up on your company and management so that I can personalize the event throughout, rather than it being a generic tasting.
– Create a value-priced shopping list of wines that your staff will find easily in their local liquor stores. They can buy just one wine or all of them on this list. They may like to stock up for the holidays with wines guaranteed to impress guests and pair beautifully with their holiday dinners.
– I’ll also suggest some non-alcoholic wines and cocktails to make this inclusive. These will be great for entertaining too when it comes to designated drivers and others.
– To help make the session interactive, we can invite your staff to email me questions in advance, as this can shape the content of the tasting. As well, perhaps they’d like to focus on certain regions or types of wines i.e. buy local to support local businesses. I’ll create a short, but fun survey that’ll help you promote the event too.
– We can also plan some questions beforehand that you and/or certain team members can ask. They don’t need to be wine experts, and I can suggest the questions for you.
– We can also add some fun elements: would they like to wear their “best” ugly holiday sweater or shirt? The most festive decorations or ornaments worn personally? There will be prizes 😉
– Recommend glassware, serving temperatures and decanting for the wines, as well as how to preserve open bottles. I’ll position this as optional so that it remains stress-free, but some of your staff may be keen to learn these tips for holiday entertaining. This will be in the form of a customized class booklet that they can open and/or download and keep.
– Include a tasting sheet and pairing templates that they can also open and/or download and keep.
– Include 20 personally signed copies of my books that can be used as give-aways during the session to create more excitement. If you’d like every employee to get a signed copy of the book, you can get them at cost.
– Include an annual subscription to my wine reviews ($35 each) for every employee and two lifetime course memberships ($597 each)
– Organize a private Zoom meeting room that will accommodate your group size. Staff have the option to have their video camera on or off. Past experience shows that more and more of them will turn their own videos on as we get warmed up 😉
– We can do a dry run with the Zoom room before the event.- Buy and organize wines, food, glassware etc that I’ll be presenting.
– The event date and time is flexible, depending on what works best for your team.
– Create and deliver a custom tasting for your staff that includes how to taste, pair and buy wine like a pro.
– Food pairings can include holiday dishes, from turkey and latkes, to gingerbread and chocolate Santas.
– The main session will take approximately one hour.
– The tasting can be interactive, with questions or comments throughout.
– After we finish the tasting, I’ll open it up for Q&A on anything wine related, from how to buy wine as a holiday gift (including which wines to give the boss 😉 to pairing wine with your holiday cranberry sauce.
– This will be approximately half an hour, though I’m happy to stay online for another hour if your team has more questions.
– The tasting and Q&A will be recorded and staff who couldn’t attend or who want to rewatch the video to help the layer their learning, can re-watch it as many times as they like for as long as they like.
– I can host this video on a password-protected part of my website and/or you can do the same if you wish.
– The cost for this event depends on the number of employees or clients. Contact me for a quote.
– I can provide a receipt that is tax deductible for you.
About Natalie MacLean
Natalie MacLean’s first book Red, White and Drunk All Over: A Wine-Soaked Journey from Grape to Glass and her second book Unquenchable: A Tipsy Quest for the World’s Best Bargain Wines were both selected as one of Amazon’s Best Books of the Year. She is the wine expert on CTV’s The Social, Canada’s largest daytime television show; CTV News; and Global Television’s Morning Show.
She was named the World’s Best Drinks Writer at the World Food Media Awards, and has won four James Beard Foundation Journalism Awards. She is the only person to have won both the M.F.K. Fisher Distinguished Writing Award from the James Beard Foundation and the M.F.K. Fisher Award for Excellence in Culinary Writing from Les Dames d’Escoffier International.
A Rhodes Scholarship finalist, Natalie studied the Romantic Poets at Oxford University with Jonathan Wordsworth. She graduated with honours from the Master’s of Business Administration at the University of Western Ontario. Before joining the wine world, she worked at Procter & Gamble in brand management (Pringles, Crisco, Duncan Hines), and then at the supercomputer company SGI in Mountainview, California, now the headquarters of Google.
– Largest wine review site in Canada with more than 3.2 million visitors a year
– Largest network of writers in Canada
– The only national mobile apps with real-time store stock inventory, barcode reader and optical font label scanner
– Apple named Natalie’s podcast one of the Best Listens of 2019 and the New York Times selected it as one of the 7 Best Drinks Podcasts in 2020
Just let me know, John, if you’d like more details on how your team can have the best holiday party ever!